Join us for our full-year
English Immersion Program!
9 Great Reasons
for studying English in our
English Immersion program at Banbury Crossroads!
Welcome to the first Self-Directed Learning private school in Calgary!
Banbury Crossroads School offers limited enrollment spots for international students wishing for a full-year English Immersion program in Calgary, AB, Canada.
International students are welcome to apply to register for Elementary (Grades 1-6), Junior (Grades 7-9), and Senior High (Grades 10-12) levels. Banbury Crossroads School is one of the most established private schools in Alberta, having been established in 1979. Our campus is in the neighbourhood of Currie, in breathtaking Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and we are one hour away from the Rocky Mountains. We offer one of the lowest student-to-teacher ratios averaging 8:1 in any given class, and we deliver curricular material in a primarily tutorial-based style. Students are immersed in an English-language setting, and receive constant opportunities for social interaction. In addition to our excellent academic courses, we offer real-world experiences, such as field trips, cooking classes, art, and music classes. We follow and enhance the Alberta Curriculum. We have certified ESL teachers on staff, providing daily ESL support instruction in addition to the regular curricular material. Our registrations are for full-year programs, starting in September and going until June, or for single-semesters, starting either in September or February. Students must have some English-language competency prior to being registered. If you are interested in more information, or have questions, or you would like to begin applying to register, please use the form below to get in touch with our Recruitment Team! International Education Agents, welcome.
You will love it here!
- Register for September or February starts, for one, or two semesters.
- Small Group Environment: 8:1 student-to-teacher ratio for personalized attention!
- ESL Support: Study classes in English with close ESL support from certified teachers!
- Mixed Aged Groups: Age 3-6, 7-11, and 12-18.
- Interest-Based: You learn English based on your favourite subjects.
- Compassionate, collaborative approach to education!
- Mutual Respect: We immediately resolve disputes which creates mutual respect
- Real-World Experiences: We take you on field trips, offer art, coding, cooking, and music classes.
- Staying with host parents and enjoying Canada even more (speaking English even after school)!
When students apply to register, they are interviewed via teleconferencing to determine overall suitability. Once the student is enrolled, they are given the opportunity for assessment, including Student-Directed Topics of Interest Assessment. Once the teaching staff understand their level of English competency, and their personal interests and goals, then each student is given an individual learning plan. Once students are in High School, and once they achieve the required standards according to Alberta Education, they will receive credits for their courses, including any ESL courses. This unique, Self-Directed Learning program offered at Banbury Crossroads allows students to explore a variety of topics and activities through experiential learning. International students learn how to interact comfortably with native English speakers, both inside, and outside, of school. Enhancing the student’s basic competency in English occurs through reading, writing, listening, and speaking practice, with emphasis on experiential, and project-based learning. ESL teachers are available for providing English language skills, and for support through academic courses, through one-on-one instruction. Students will learn both everyday English proficiency, as well as academic English proficiency, from having studied here, immersed in English.
Request for Information or
Apply to Register
Interested in learning more, or are you ready to apply to register for one of our limited spots?
Admission & Registration
Registration Papers, School Fees, and Tuition Fees
Contact is best done by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a student has applied to register, or has requested more information, the Recruitment Team will assist with information and understanding our registration process.
- Students must apply to register, and undergo a teleconferencing call with the School to determine mutual suitability
- The student will be given the registration forms, which must be filled out and returned, with the Registration Fee paid in full ($500)
- The School will then issue a Letter of Acceptance
- The student can then apply for a Study Permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Once the student has their Study Permit, they must pay their Tuition Fee in full, before the start date they are registered for
For more information, please contact our Recruitment Team, at email@example.com
Registration Fee: $500 CAD
Tuition Fee: $20,500 for the full year, and $12,500 for the half year (One Semester).
First Child: Full fare
Second and Subsequent Children: 10% reduction
We are happy to work with International Education Agents, and do provide a commission fee to Agents who refer students to our School. Please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are an Agent who would like to learn more about partnering with our school.
Banbury Crossroads Private School
#201, 2451 Dieppe Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T3E 7K1